Monday, November 12, 2012

Really Steak 'N Shake?

Ok... So after class I stop with my lovely mum to grab a bite to eat for the ride home; not an uncommon happening.  We order our tasty meals and I... like an idiot do not order a shake... but a soda pop.  We receive our food and head out the door to the car.  Now, I'm an amazon, not exactly delicate, but I don't exactly hold on to a drink with an iron fist... despite this my hand went straight through the STYROFOAM cup that held my large soda.  I am sticky, annoyed, thirsty... and on the whole furious.
Who the heck STILL USES STYROFOAM?!?  It's a flimsy, non biodegradable material that has no business housing my SODA POP!  The ice is at the top, offering NO support within the cup, just a gallon of soda sloshing about waiting to escape and soak you.  Now, the cup has been rendered in twain, and I sit holding two sides of and eviscerated cup; I shake off my hands, stalk back inside and thrust the two halves into the hands of the cashier letting him know that I find the fact such a large soda is in a flimsy source asinine.
Is it just me?  I mean, I can't think of a SINGLE fast food source that gives a trap waiting to spring on me.  I know that McDonalds still uses styrofoam cups for their sweet tea, but they serve plenty of cold drinks in plastic cups, including their shakes.  So WHY?!?!?  Why Steak 'n Shake do you do this to me? Is it too difficult to have 2 styles of cup?  Not to say that Steak 'n Shake does a bad job, they were super nice  about it and gave my mom another soda for me...  It isn't the fault of the workers at this eatery, fault falls with the idiot that decided they can only have ONE type of to go cup.  Seriously? Come on dude-that-makes-the-orders-for-our-drink-cups you gotta step up here, the kids working behind the counter can handle it.  I have faith, and I hate sticky hands; make this better!

No comments:

Post a Comment