Monday, November 26, 2012

Ok... so first: I know the blog is late... Ta hell with you holidays, I get off cause my family stuffs me too full to even type.  Next, I AM going to address the Twinkies issue; but I need time to do some DEEP research on this.  (How does HOSTESS effen go under? Idiots...)

So after plenty of thought here is our discussion for the week...  I know that Christmas starts earlier and earlier every year.  This is no surprise to me since there were Christmas decorations are up before Halloween, as soon as November started there were radio stations that play nothing but carols, I'm SO over this holiday. I'm used to it and I thought I was immune to all this cheery crap. Since I live in B.F.E. I get a whopping 3-6 channels on my television.  (I promise this is relevant.) Now on one of these they have dictated that weekends are Holiday season type movie nights weather I like it or not. (Can you believe they didn't even ask me?) Without realizing it I was about to brainwash myself I was cleaning my house with the Television on; I came out again and again catching bits of this and a minute of that... next thing I know I am seated on my love seat nibbling chips ACTUALLY WATCHING THIS CRAP! Not only did I watch it I was involved!  OK hallmark,  here I draw the line.  I was watching that bitchy red head from clueless (Elisa Donovan) almost 20 years/lbs later crying about how her Hollywood type life isn't perfect. (I thought for a moment it was Clueless 2; yes I'm still a mean brainless girl who cries about being popular and rich.)  After a few minor hiccups in her life she goes to what she thinks is a life coach that winds up being her guardian angel type gal who gives her 12 wishes.  Obviously she makes impulse driven decisions for new clothes and attention from her boyfriend ect. which results in negative consequences and then she has to pull herself up by her bootstraps and take responsibility. By the end I was giving FAR too much thought to the wishes I would make. Buy property? New car? New job? What WOULD the backlash be, WHO would that effect? Seriously? I spent a night on this! To save me from this deep sort of mushy thought I am watching only horror movies all night long now, but you! My special little readers! I write this to save you!  BEWARE you could be next! You could be weeping watching golden retrievers reunite couples or giggling laughing at an idiot being selfish and punished by karma only to have them rise above and learn a  lesson.  You have been warned.

Lastly, after being inundated by the Yuletide season I ask you ALL this because after I perversly finished up my list I'm curious!: If you had 12 wishes, (immediately granted by some weird Christmas faerie) what would they be? Would you help others? Be selfish?  Tell me, try and be honest!  (Remember: Even spontaneously granted wishes have consequences and fallout.)

2 comments:

  1. with the whole hostess thing when you charge $4 for a two pack of twinkie yeah you wouldn't get much product sold and there is always a chance of someone else buying out. Any YES the whole holiday chistmas decoration blah blah yeah I hear ya people just go so ya over board way too early. and Wish list 1. troops home 2 lots of money to help out friends 3. better health for my mother 4 a car that runs so my kids could see me more 5 I wish for a great paying job 6. to have marijuana compleatly legal throughout all of the US 7. A freakin Home that tornados wont get a hardon for 8 Muzzles so my puppies quit chewing lol 9. A BUNCH of Beer lol 10. A pair of shoes my dogs can't eat so I can walk outside 11.A cure for Huntingtons disease 12. My children to be able to live with me for the rest of their childhood wow that was easier than I thought :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh... I like those! Here is the hypothetical backlash from my imaginary world. Just playing Devils Advocate here.
      Here are your consequences:
      1: With troops home and not abroad, areas previously protected are now vulnerable to attack.
      2: Lots of money has more than one headache; where did it come from? Taxes? Hmm...
      3: Better health for mom... I'm not gonna touch. Good girl.
      4: Car that runs; the fantastic deal you find on the internet is actually a stolen car.
      5: Great job has headaches such as hiring and firing, and there is always the possibility that someone who needed it as much as you do had to lose it for you to have it.
      6: Ooooh... though I bet this is a shared wish I imagine that there is going to be an ass load of legislation on something like that as well as continued police harassment.
      7: House with foundation (hee hee) does mean taxces, upkeep, inspections...
      8: Muzzles for pups... mean they can't bite intruding baddies!
      9: Beer.... ok... you know the fdallout from lots of beer...
      10: Mmmm... This is a good one.
      11: Ooooh.. well the philanthropic part of me says great idea! The pragmatist in me says if we think we have a cure some drug company will either pay to keep the cure NOT found or push it through drug trials and wind up hurting MORE people and families...
      12: Kids back? You got your own punishment there... ;)

      Delete