Monday, October 29, 2012

'Sexy' Plus Size Costumes

First off, sorry this one is so late guys... moved out of my apt., kitty ran away from home, test in school... life happened.

Next, anyone who knows me knows I am not... hear me before you read this and start hating me, NOT a small girl.  Never have been, too hard to be small when you're 6' tall. So, when it comes to a Halloween costume I am not new to shopping in the large or plus sized costume category, usually it's a slightly smaller  selection with slightly longer hemlines and seams that don't over accentuate the curves us bigger gals wanna keep covered.  Now I don't know if it's something I am noticing JUST this year, but there are some of these so called 'sexy' plus sized costumes that shouldn't... be... so... sexy?
Here we have just one item that I would like to use as my prime example.  Now I'm not sure if you skinny attractive folk know this but often when a female reaches a particular size, her midsection gets larger, not just the chest and hips.  If ones midsection is not flat, does one really need to wear a top that intentionally shows said area?  I know that most larger sizes try to draw attention to be breast area, that's fine as it's usually ample and easy to do; but there are limits to what the eye should take in if you are in a bar or at a party.  Also, I'm not sure if this logic has hit anyone designing these so called 'plus size costumes' but when your backside is larger... YOU NEED MORE FABRIC TO COVER IT!!! My legs are long people!  I can't be given a 10 inch long skirt and be expected to walk out of my bathroom.  Hell, my boyfriend doesn't see me like that on our anniversary! I always thought that extra fabric was a gift! It covered all the areas I was insecure about and made the areas of me that I liked seem all the more alluring. So is this all my own insecurity screaming at me to take my frustration out on people who are large and proud and wanna get out there and shake it? I think it comes down to a sense of propriety.  I have no problems with some high heels, fishnets and a shorter skirt. I have an aversion to seeing a girls panties if I'm not trying to.  So sweetheart, I get that you are big and beautiful but cover some of that up!
Am I saying curvy ladies shouldn't have fabulous costumes? That a big gal can't have something short and extra sexy to dazzle her special guy with? No.  I AM saying that there are body types out there that -I- personally would prefer if I didn't have to see your ass or tits as I take children house to house. And that doesn't apply JUST to the bigger girls...

No comments:

Post a Comment